Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Associates Degree
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Salary: $20.00 - $26.00 (Hourly Wage)
Purpose: The GIS Technician will be responsible for making maps, updating, and maintaining GIS databases; working with field crews to collect, manipulate and store GIS data and organizes and updates a variety of land management records within both company and client databases.
- Minimum two-year college degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Engineering Technology or equivalent; experience may be substituted for education.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with Global Positions Systems (GPS) and use of Garmin and Trimble products is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work independently in steep rugged terrain for extended periods of time in inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional travel to remote work stations in Oregon may be required.
Prepares maps, exhibits, and reports for a variety of Natural Resource related projects.
- Responsible for the compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases, and other sources.
- Responsible for the conversion, import and export of data in and out of the GIS system.
- Ensures that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to company standards
- Responsible for compliance with software licensing agreements
- Responsible to train and assist field crews in GPS use and standards along with Avenza and other field software.
- Assists in providing day to day support for all computer, network, software and equipment.
- Stays abreast of developments in related hardware and software and makes recommendations to upgrade systems.
- Committed to work safely in manner that is consistent with company values and policies. Participate in safety meetings and watching out for the safety of others.
- Practices time management, prioritizing work, and documenting tasks.
- Contributes to building a positive team environment.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
- Continuing education and training
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to Pacific Forest Management, Inc., P O Box 2342, Forks WA 98331 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include cover letter, desired salary, resume and references. Applications must be received by January 30,2018.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss employment opportunities here at Pacific Forest Management Inc.
Additional Information :
Pacific Forest Management
Is a full service consulting forestry firm located in Forks, Washington on the Olympic Peninsula. Our work area includes coastal Washington and Oregon.
Our clients are a diverse group including large industrial owners, Indian Tribes, local government, conservation groups, and small landowners.
We focus on delivering high quality services to our clients to help them meet the ever changing forest practice regulations.
Forks, Washington offers an exciting opportunity to practice hands on forestry skills. Surrounded by thousands of acres of forestland this area offers a unique opportunity to put your skills to work in a working forest setting beside other professionals from many disciplines. The Olympic Peninsula is also known for its outstanding recreational opportunities to keep you busy during your spare time and the
Location: This position is based out of Forks, Washington. We also have offices in Tillamook & Reedsport, Oregon.
Contact Person: Jeff McGinley
Email Address: Jeff@Pacificforestmanagement.com
• Post ID: 60411857 olympia